Monday, March 16, 2009

A Date Last Night

The reason I didn't get to my lesson planning was that Dave & I had a date last night.
We went to see Marley & Me at the local second-run theater.

If I was really writing a blog, I'd bring up a couple of couple points:

I really hope the theater is able to stay in business. I know they had a terrific run with Twilight for the last 2 weeks. Paul, the guy who runs the theater, and his wife Amanda are super nice people. I love having the option of being able to go to a theater to see a movie, but not having to spend the exorbitant prices of regular theaters. It seems that a second-run theater should be the perfect business for a recession.

If you're going to take your baby to the movies with you, take them to the lobby when they start making noise, for crying out loud (pun intended). There was a young couple with a probably one-year-old baby that kept crying during the movie. They were always reluctant to take it out. You know, that movie is coming out on DVD in probably a few weeks. There are just times in your life when you need to watch movies at home.

If you like dogs and have a great relationship with your dog, you'll like Marley & Me. But, you might still like it, even if you don't like dogs. I'm so-so on dogs and have a love/hate relationship with our two, and I enjoyed the movie. I like Owen Wilson movies. I enjoy his quirky charm and sense of humor. Jennifer Aniston I can take or leave.

The story is mostly about the changes in the Wilson/Aniston marriage, and how their incredibly undisciplined dog is with them throughout. I wouldn't show it to the kids. There are a few adult situations. Plus, it might be difficult to watch for those with more sensitive natures.

No comments:

Post a Comment