Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Two Things I Googled

At lunch today, we were discussing how olives are pitted. Madeline was telling Henry that they go through a machine, and she said that Mr. Rogers probably made a video about it once. That made me a little nostalgic for Mr. Rogers' factory tours. "How People Make _______" I checked to see if there are any DVD's out there with just the factory stuff. I'd love something like that. I only scanned a couple pages of hits, and I didn't see any factory DVD compilation. This PBS site does have a few of them, though.

Last night, Dave & I were having a discussion about how to get Madeline interested in reading better books. He suggested that she might like some of the books that are referenced in A Series of Unfortunate Events. So, Madeline, here's your summer reading list. :) Actually, I probably better okay your choices from that list. I only briefly scanned it, but it has a ton of information on the literary and historical allusions in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment