Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Splendid Surprise

I've found myself overwhelmed with upcoming events in my life. I have several social events that I'm hosting in my house in the near future, plus I'm preparing to have my mom move in with us.

One project that I need to address soon is the upstairs closet. It may not seem that important, but I need to move my current school room into that closet. Unfortunately, that closet has become a catchall for any number of things. It literally became impossible for me to walk into it (it's long and narrow) because of the mess.

Yesterday, instead of dealing with anything, my response was to go in my room, close the door and take a nap.

Last night, Dave and I had to go to a meeting. When we came home, Madeline announced that they had cleaned out the closet. What an incredible surprise! I would never have even thought to ask them to do that. It looks great, too. I'm able to see where everything is, and it will be much easier to decide where things should go.

I love my kids.

1 comment:

  1. You have great kids. I love when mine do stuff like that. It makes all the hard times seem so much easier just knowing they love me enough to tackle something like that.

    I'm going to leave this to your imagination. Several things come to mind. But the wv was shencing. I'm just cracking up.

    ReplyDelete