Friday, May 28, 2010

Three Cool Things...

1)  This panorama of the Sistine Chapel is awesome!

2)  I liked this ad for seat belt buckling.  It's had over 7 million views, so I guess I'm a little late to the party on it. But it's worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

3)  Yesterday, Dave was wearing a pair of pants that we'd gotten at Goodwill over a month ago.  He reached into the pocket and pulled out $71.  Trust me, we never carry that much cash around, and we certainly wouldn't have misplaced that much money without realizing it.  In my many years of thrift store buying, I've never found anything valuable in the pockets like that.  (For the record, the clothes in our Goodwill come from a distribution center which serves several dozen GW stores from a rather large region.  I'm pretty sure we got the pants for 1/2 price, which means they'd already been in the store for over a month.  There's no way to track the original owner.)

Bonus Cool Thing:

While tracking down the seat belt ad, I came across this video of an 8 month old as his cochlear implant enables him to hear his mother's voice for the first time.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your thrift store find was a good one. The cochlear implant turn-on was precious--touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete