Monday, December 28, 2009

New Ticker Challenge

Okay, time to move on. I'm pleased that I was able to meet my last goat of 2000 minutes of treadmill walking before my December 29 anniversary (I started in mid-September). I tried to make it as easy on myself as possible. I've indulged in buying seasons of Law and Order SVU to watch while I'm on the treadmill (I'm currently on Season 3). My kids understand that I will shirk my other responsibilities in order to go on the treadmill, and they're old enough that I can get away with doing that.

My next challenge is a big one, at least for me. For most people, running isn't that big of a deal, but I absolutely hate it. I'm such a wimp. We're big fans of the show The Biggest Loser, and I've been so impressed with how some of the contestants will start out several hundred pounds overweight and by the end of the season will be running a marathon. I'm definitely not going to aspire to running a marathon, but I can add a little running/jogging to my routine.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been adding a few 1 1/2 minute stretches of jogging to my 20 minute treadmill routine. So, I'm pretty comfortable with doing 4 1/2 minutes of running a day. My new ticker goal is to run 200 minutes by Valentine's Day. That's in 7 weeks. So, I need to average about 30 minutes of running a week. I can either do 6 minutes a day/5 days a week, or 5 minutes a day/6 days a week. I'll have to see which works out best.

No comments:

Post a Comment