Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Can't Quite Drop It

I can't seem to let this whole Julie/Julia thing go. Here's the thing. Julie kept bringing up the fact that she worked with so many Republicans. She must have used the term "Republican" to mean mean/insensitive/greedy etc. several dozen times. I don't like to classify myself as a Republican, but it was just so annoying. And lazy.

I know, I just don't have a sense of humor. Blah, blah. How about this? I've also worked in bureaucracies, and there were plenty of Democrats there. My main impression is that they spent a lot of time complaining about the governor (then a Republican), how little they were paid, and perusing the Current Opportunities Bulletin (COB) to see what other jobs were out there. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I repeatedly used the term "Democrat" to mean whiny and lazy?

I'm sure I'd have to go through some sort of writer sensitivity training if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment